Nova United is proud to be an FA Charter Standard Club. A considerable amount of effort and commitment is required to achieve this level, but it is an assurance for parents and all those who entrust their children to the club and its activities that it is safe, responsible and well run.
To achieve the FA Charter Standard the club must:
- have a trained Welfare Officer;
- run Disqualification and Barring Service (DBS) checks, formerly known as CRB checks, for all volunteers;
- have emergency aid-trained volunteers attached to each team;
- be signed-up to the FA Respect programme;
- provide an FA Level One coach for each youth team;
- have appropriate club administration in place.
We are proud to hold this standard and to have done so consistently for some years now. It is an extra demand on our committee members, but is the responsible approach to running a good club.
If you have any questions about the Charter Standard or the way Nova United Junior Football Club operates within it, please contact us.
You can read more about the standard on the Football Association website.